Monday, November 28, 2011

Surreality is not a word but it FITS

It is 7am and I'm sitting in my lovely Crown Plaza hotel room in downtown Phillidelphia posting my last blog from the United States.  By the end of this day I will be well on my way to Brussels.

ANNNNNNNND I CAN'T FLIPPPPPPIN BELIEVE IT!!!!!!!!

I am simply amazed that I am here at this point!  I can't believe I'm getting on a plane and moving to another country.  

All day yesterday during training, every about 15 minutes I would have a little conniption realizing I AM ACTUALLY HERE!  After waiting for so long, I am actually at training, going over expectation, sitting with strangers that I will share the next 2 years with, receiving my first monetary allotment, I AM HERE!!! 

Thoughts going through my head:
Did I get everything done?
Will I be next to someone annoying on the plane?
WHAT IS THIS GONNA BE LIKE?!!
What will I be working on specifically?!
INTERNET?!!
AHHHHHHHH!!!???

There are SOOOO many things running through my mind!!
we
But most of all, I just can't believe that I'm actually here.  That I actually made it.  That after all this work, all this time, I made it.  I'm getting on the plane and I'm doing this.  

Believe, with all that you are, that persistence and faith does prevail.  Don't stop, don't quit, keep moving forward.  You have no choice if your goal is significance.  If your goal is to live on purpose rather than just living, then you must keep moving foward. 

Why?

Because We Oughta :-)

2 comments:

  1. feel ya on "what's this gonna be like" - those were my thoughts exactly! Hope you have internet but even in Turkey i didn't have it for the first month or so! Your gonna learn so much! Bon Voyage and call me on Skype if ya got internet! also i left you all my digits on Facebook! love ya! safe travels! Katy (aka bebek cilek - it means baby strawberry)

    ReplyDelete
  2. COUSIN!!!! I’m so happy and excited for the journey that you are about to embark on! I admire your persistence and dedication to pursuing your dreams and making it a reality. I can’t wait to hear about the experiences and life lessons, challenges and opportunities, and awesome moments. I will continue to keep you in my thoughts and prayers! Safe travels, I love you!
    P.S. thanksgiving weekend was complete with quotes from the Color Purple and Coming to America! They even both came on TV! No family gathering is complete without it! “Sophia home now, pass me them peas!” and “She’s your QUEEEEEN to BEEEEE!!” Love you 

    ReplyDelete