Saturday, November 26, 2011

Really? Horseback Riding on the Black Sea?

 Knowing that I was leaving for the Peace Corps soon, I knew I had a limited time to take FULL advantage of my flight benefits!!!  I had been planning since I became a flight attendant to go to Istanbul to visit my DEAR friend, Katy, who has been there teaching for the past several years.

It didn't look like I was going to get the week off I needed to go, buuuuuuut in regular miraculous fashion, IT HAPPENED!!


I was able to spend a FABULOUS week in Istanbul!  I can't even explain how absolutely amazing it was to make it to Istanbul.  I couldn't believe that after trying to get off work and make it to her for sooooo long I FINALLY was sitting next to a Persian and a Turkish man having a tri-lingual conversation (one of many on the trip I might add) on Turkish airlines on my way to Istanbul.



We had sooooo many amazing experiences, ate the best food, met amazing people.  This....was on the top 5 of my life's journey's :-).







On my 3rd day in Istanbul, we took a long bus ride up the mountains just above Istanbul to the Black Sea.  We reached the black see right at sunset.  It was absolutely stunning.


And there were horses!!  As we waited for the horses and their owner to come back up the beach so we could ride, I became emotional staring at this beauty.  I couldn't believe that a year and a half after leaving Atlanta with nothing, I was standing at the Black Sea in Istanbul, going horse back riding at sunset.  Not only that but I was soon to embark on the adventure of a lifetime and pursue my dreams in Peace Corps.  Not only that but I was debt free and had the money to blow on a fabulous vacation like this!  I was amazed that as amazing as this was, it wasn't even the pinnacle of what is to come.  More life still awaits.






Nothing, absolutely nothing, is impossible.  What you believe and what you speak is what will happen.  Never believe that your situation is hopeless.  If you are breathing, change is possible.

Decide what it is you want, and run after it with unabandon.....

Why?

Because its worth every second of it  :-)


                                                                             

2 comments:

  1. Aww! Cant believe im just now seeing this! Beautiful pics. You are the pinnacle of positive energy and a great tetament to all. Love you and hoping you are having the time of your life. (i have a few more post to read)...call you soon!

    ReplyDelete